Thursday, October 20, 2011

I am SUCH a procrastinator

Second post update!

SO! I have a job.  Sort of.  I am actually not allowed to call it a job because it is an AmeriCorps position - so I volunteer to get a biweekly stipend of really little money.  It is a position in legal services - I am an attorney working in Housing, helping people not become homeless.  And I love it.  I missed being a lawyer.  But I am also terrrrrrified that I will be bad at it.  Also, this is a temporary position...another one, yay!

I am realizing how much of my life is temporary.  This is the second job since I graduate from Law School that is a temp position.  I don't pay the following: my cell phone bill, my car insurance, my excise tax...because my parents still do.  Which is, don't get me wrong, amazing.  Because I can barely handle the bills I have now.  But I am 26 - I should be there by now.  Something that gives me anxiety ALL THE TIME.

My relationship with my boyfriend is great.  I love him and he loves me and we are two very old children.  He just turned 25.  Things we like to do include going to the arcade, throwing stuff at each other, chasing each other around the apartment (mine or his), and generally being obnoxious to all around with our juvenile antics.

These things make me wonder, though.  Do you really have to be an "adult" just because you are past the age of 25?  Can't I still watch the Disney Channel without feeling like I am too old to enjoy it?

In my non-adult way, I am really bad at finishing things.  I am currently in the middle of/near the end of something like 5 or 6 books.  All of which I want to finish.  But then I choose the Disney Channel over using my brain at the end of the day, and the books never get finished.  Something else - I need INSTANT gratification.  I always peek at the end of the book to see if the main character ends up with the person I want them with, I have to call people RIGHT AWAY when I have a thought, even if it is at midnight and I know they're probably asleep.  That doesn't make me crazy does it?

Also - I am looking for advice from bloggers.  This is not going to be very well-themed - it's about my journey to becoming a real-live adult, preferably a lawyerly one.  But how much does one have to stick to a theme for people to want to read? 

3 comments:

  1. First and foremost, I am almost 25 + 3, and I still feel like a kid. I have adult concerns for sure - and bills suck no matter how "adult" you are. And there is nothing wrong with the Disney channel :) I used to come home from work and watch Hannah Montana.

    As for your blog - write for yourself :) If you want to follow a theme, follow one. If you want to jump all over the place, then jump all over the place. But overall it is for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only theme you need to have is snappy writing, and I think you've got that already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy - thanks :) I was sort of thinking like that, but I always need validation haha.

    "Cassandra" - you think my writing is snappy? AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete